Friday, August 29, 2008

Smarty-Smart Pants



Many of you have written to 301NIB expressing concern about my relationship with Jake. But he and I have a great relationship. We spend quality time together when he brings me the tools so I can put together bunkbeds. Sometimes in the evening we play all sorts of fun games together, like 'slap the Nintendo controller out of Jake's hand' or 'pin the blame on Jake' or 'jam the broken glow-stick in Jake's eye.'

Such good memories.

But this week even I had to give J-dog some props. Last week his sixth grade class tested for competency in mathematics. Yesterday we learned that Jake scored the highest in his class and is one of the smartest kids in his entire grade. (Someday he hopes to be two of them). Now he's part of a select group of students who will study pre-algebra this year.

I can't remember - does being good at math help you with grade six chicks?

1 comment:

Krista said...

oh yeah, for sure. Math geeks are all the rage.
In China
and Japan.