Saturday, March 21, 2009

Climbing the why

My dad travelled down this weekend to spend time with the family - and by 'spend time', I mean - sit in front of the TV and watch the NCAA tournament.

Anyway, my dad is a son of the soil. His greatest joy is to be at one with the land. He's constantly outdoors exploring, biking, and camping. This morning he introduced me to a new activity that all the kids are into now. I think he called it 'hiking' (pronounced hyke-ing). Apparently...you just walk up the side of a mountain until you get tired, and then walk back down again.

The activity turned out to be expensive for Morg. Not knowing that Jake will do anything for money, he jokingly offered the boy twenty dollars to see it he had the stamina to go all the way to the top of the 'Y'. Jake was halfway there before my dad even realized he was gone.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Meg more of a little-man than Jake is? What bribery did she need, if any at all? Nice job Meg!

Another note: This is either a brilliant ploy by Jake, looking forward to the hiking plans of summer, or it simply hasn't dawned on him that the 'Morgan-moneytrain' could potentially open up into his first down payment on that next Wii game he has his eyes on. Of course, this sets a nice precedent for the other grandkids...

Yes, this summer could be VERY costly for good ol' Morg indeed...

Spenny

Anonymous said...

Are those safety-glasses hovering above Morgan's nose? I swear I have a pair just like them in my tool belt.

Spenny

Anonymous said...

In all my years at BYU I never hiked the Y! You over achievers you! (is over achieving one word? Very little sleep last night. Bella is cutting her 3rd tooth and isn't happy with the process)


Julianna