Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ain't no party like a small-town party

You say you've never been to a small-town parade in Southern Alberta? Well, pull up your lawn chair, get the kids in the stroller, and prepare get nostalgic as 301NIB takes you on tour through a town that hasn't changed since the post-war era. Our photo-essay gives all the excitement of Magrath Days and doesn't try to hit you in the face with a lollipop.


At an A-list event like Magrath Days the security is extremely tight.


The Spirit of Magrath marching band helps keep the spirit of British imperialism alive.




The Strate Round-up carriage won a red-ribbon for best family float. (That's first-place to you and me.)



Each year the parade's major plot device involves whether or not some unfortunate child will end up under the wheels of a float as they reach for that elusive tootsie roll.

Underneath the glamour and gloss of Magrath Days lies a sinister purpose - free advertising for heartless corporate titans.


The Magrath Young Women demonstrate what a fantastic time our pioneer ancestors had pulling handcarts across the plains.


Just when you think the parade has plateaued, they take it up a notch - old people in power chairs!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its ok if the appearance of your blog is not good. The important thing is the topic or the content of your blog.

Kelly said...

So...I left a comment on your last post but I don't know what happened to it. I suspect the blog author deleted it, for some reason I don't quite understand. But I'll give it a second try...

I found the perfect activity for Kaddi and me. The fact that we're separated by thousands of miles is the only thing hindering us. In fact, I think it's the show that was made for both you and Jared and me and Kaddi. It's the perfect combination of sports and people getting wasted. And when I say wasted, I don't mean drunk. I mean physically pounded. And it is so funny. Throw in some peanut m&ms and it would be a perfect evening.

It's our new favorite show--Wipout. Have you seen it yet? So badly, I want to watch it with Kaddi. I think I can already hear the peals of laughter that we could get going.

If only McGrath loses it's charm and you decided to come and visit Connecticut instead.

If only...

Anne said...

I don't see any farm implements. It's not a real small town parade without a section of tractors, and such. maybe next year!