Saturday, March 29, 2008

How charming am I?

Apparently, so charming that people love me even when I show up where I'm not invited and tell them things they don't normally like to hear.

Take Friday for example...

I was scheduled to meet Rachy-Rach, Kaddi and the kids at the activity center to do a little bowling. I arrived before everyone else and noticed the center was much more crowded than usual, but since there were still several lanes open I wasn't too concerned. As I watched a duo play Nintendo Wii tennis (I've got to get one of those) someone came up and said, "why don't you help yourself to some of the refreshments at the table?"

So I did. I sat munching my rice-crispie treats and looking around to see if the family had arrived. It was then that I noticed everyone else in the room seemed to share an similar ethnic heritate. Then I thought, "Hmmm...I don't remember anyone ever offering me refreshments any of the other times I camr bowling." On a hunch, I went back outside and looked to check for any announcements. There was a sign posted on the door that said:

"Closed for Private Party"

Just then the rest of the crew rolled up. While Kaddi and Rachel tried to decide on a backup activity, I sat catching up with Chalong. I noticed the little chubber had been bulking up big time and pointed this out to him. Normally this topic can lead to an awkward pause in the conversation, but for some reason (most likely my impeccable timing and delivery) he found this to be hilarious.

I'm a people person.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are three things I love about that video.

1) The scary big head that comes in and out of the shot every few moments and throws a dark shadow across the land. Ahhh! Attack of the double-chin!

2) The running commentary provided by Rachel. "Awwww....that's so cute. Why can't I get this thing to work?" It's like watching Clark Griswold trying to turn on his Christmas lights.

"We checked every bulb, didn't we Russ?"

3) Meg is absolutely dying to get in the video, her 'favorite child' status threatend by this three-month old upstart.

Anonymous said...

Bella is rolling in at 16 lbs...where is Luke?

Julianna

m-strat said...

Look, I can't help my double chin, alright. It's a glandular problem.

Luke must be weighing in at about fifteen pounds right now. We've had him hit the treadmill pretty hard.

(And by 'hitting the treadmill' I mean he fell down....it seems he can't walk yet. Because he's a baby.)

Kelly said...

Mack Strate. Don't you know that some people are willing to pay big money for glam stars (such as yourself) to crash their parties. Paris Hilton gets, like, $15,000 a pop. Get yourself an agent already.

P.S. I keep waiting for the t-shirt to show at some unsuspecting Laie establishment. But, now I've probably ruined the moment just by aksing about it.

camfox said...

He is darling! Love the laughs. What a handsome kid.