Tuesday, September 19, 2006

THE DIVINE MISS M : An Interview with a Badger state Diva.

In anticipation of their upcoming trip to Thailand, the Strates have graciously agreed to a series of interviews with 301nightsinbangkok. Each interview will feature a different family member. We start with Meggie Scrumptious, Wisconsin's red-headed pixie. Here are some excerpts from that conversation...

301: First of all, let me say you look great. Do you spend a lot of time with hair and makeup?

Meg: I did wash my face since we need to be clean for pictures. But cameras can't smell so I didn't need to take a bath.

301: You're off-track right now, how have you been keeping busy since school let out?

Meg: Well, today was opposite day, so I've been going around saying the opposite of everything I really mean. Like telling Jakob he was the best baseball catcher ever!

301: In ten days you head to Bangkok. What are you looking forward to most about living in Thailand?

Meg: Did you know Thailand has a king? I'm sooo excited to see the castle he lives in.

301: Are you still a fan of the Disney princesses?

Meg: Of course. I've always had a certain connection with them. The first time I met Cinderella I told her I'd been waiting my whole life to meet her. She said she felt the same way.

301: If all the Disney princesses were in a cage match, who do you think would win?

Meg: Hmmm...I think Jasmine. In the movie she's all like (makes karate motion with her hands) "Hi-yah!...hi-yah!"

301: What about Mulan? Wasn't she a soldier?

Meg: But she's not a real princess. I'm a traditionalist that way.

301: I see. Were you surprised at all that your "Lemonade, crunchy ice" music video was such a hit on the internet?

Meg: A little bit, yeah. But I think it's resonated with young people - particularly women. The lyrics are very empowering for women. What girl hasn't wanted to kick her boyfriend out of town?

301: What's the best thing about living in California?

Meg: I can pretty much manipulate people into doing whatever I want.

301: Of course. What's the worst thing?

Meg: I miss my Grandma.

301: I see. Well, 2006 has been a tumultuous year for you. Is it true you settled out of court with the photographer you assaulted coming out of a movie premiere back in May?

Meg: I thought we agreed we weren't going talk about that! If this is the type of interview you're going to do then forget you guys...(walks out of studio)....

No comments: