Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Playing the market

On the rare day that it's not too hot for physical exertion, I like to walk from the river pier to the Archives. I recently found a nice shortcut that takes me through the Samsen flower market (which has no flowers). I decided to put together a highlight reel of my daily commute to help people understand why Kaddi will not eat Thai food. Everything that you'll see here is minutes away from being fried in a wok and placed on my plate.

As the footage itself weren't raw enough, I threw in a little cultural music to give the video a distinctively Mack Strate groove. The resulting production is so gritty, so real, you'll swear you can actually smell the funk.

(It smells like dried fish.)

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Young MC? I was really hoping for a little Peter Gabriel. Maybe on your next video?

Anonymous said...

I'm dizzy. Was the cat/dog minutes away from being fried?

JB

m-strat said...

Samsen has traditionally been one of Bangkok's largest Vietnamese communities - and they do enjoy eating dog, but no cat.

Our replacement camera is certainly not made to handle those long sweeping shots. Perhaps if the 301NIB t-shirt sales takeoff we'll be able to purchase a better model.

Steve Schaefer said...

Mack Strate-

What was really scary as I was watching the vid is that nothing phased me... not even the dead hanging cow ribs or the fish. I'll walk with you to the archives anytime hermano.

;)

Anonymous said...

That certainly was raw footage . . . we don't get eels in buckets down here in the trendy center. We do get food vendors who set up shop next to sewage outlets though.