Thursday, August 09, 2007

The River Kwai Restaurant: A Happier Time

In my efforts to cultivate positive memories of Thailand I will periodically be using this blog to project back to happy times during our stay in the kingdom. Since arriving in California I've been searching for Del's pictures of a restaurant on the river Kwai where we ate during our visit to Kanchanaburi. This was no easy task, Kaddi's dad took over 2500 pictures during his ten days abroad. Here are four of the top one thousand.





The restaurant sits on barges floating in the river. When using the restroom you can look down and see the water through the floor planks. This causes one to ponder the question "Where does it go?"



"What do you mean you don't have tater-tots? How about Mexi-fries?"





It didn't even matter that Del and I were the only ones who enjoyed the food, a good time was had by all.

1 comment:

heathermommy said...

Shane,

I'm still reading! Thanks for posting something new. It brings meaning to my life. Don't forget to check my blog periodically!! Hey so where are you headed now?