Friday, October 26, 2007

He almost did a 'nollie'

When Jake was a toddler he had his own style. Every day he tied his Winnie-the-Pooh blanket around neck and spent hours running back and forth across our living room, all the while looking back to see if his blanket was flowing like Superman's cape.

Now that he's older, he has a new style. He insists on going to school with button-shirt worn open over his t-shirt. For months, Kaddi and I have been trying to figure out the appeal of this look. (After all, it's not as cool as pegged pants.)

A few days ago I took him to a 'skatepark' in Kahuku. As I watched him racing across the ramps, I finally understood his new look. He's still racing back and forth with his cape behind him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake, you will have to show Nolan how to 'rip an awly' - he got a board for his birthday.

m-strat said...

Jake's been trying to come up with a name for his skateboard. Since it has a larged predatory bird on the bottom he can't decide between calling it 'Hawk' or 'Falcon'.

Kaddi suggested he adopt a mixture of the two names and call it 'Fawk'.

Fortunately, he's still undecided.

Anonymous said...

Good information. Lucky me I recently found your blog by accident (stumbleupon).
I've bookmarked it for later!

Check out my homepage: weight control