Friday, October 26, 2007

Rocking Chairs, Tube Socks, Smurf Radios

(A few days ago Kaddi was tagged by her friend Kelly of 'Barby Lane' fame. Here is her response...)

5 Things I was doing 10 years ago

1. Living at Villa Rose Apartments, near the Provo Courthouse.
2. Sitting in a rocking chair, at Villa Rose Apts and wondering why my brand new baby boy was so colic-y.
3. Wondering if a Ph.d in History would really take that long.
4. Adjusting to being a stay-at-home mom, instead of working as a receptionist for a company in Draper. I still don’t really know what they do.

(Do I get an 'F' if I can’t list 5 things?)

5 Things on my To-Do list today

1. Remember to take my pre-natal vitamins
2. Sign Jake up for Basketball
3. Get a much needed pedicure
4. Meg’s parent teacher conference
5. Take Meg to swimming practice and ice cream afterwards. I have to put this in even though we are only allowed five: watch Survivor and The Office.

5 Things I would do if I had a Million Dollars

1. Pay off student loans
2. Take my parents on a European tour and Shane’s parents somewhere to their liking.
3. Put money aside for each of my kids and give a few thousand to each one of my siblings and Shane’s.
4. Go on a J.Crew and Banana Republic shopping spree.
5. Buy a house, Buy a house, Buy a house.

5 Things I will never wear again

1. Acid washed jeans with zippers on the ankles.
2. Red nail polish. My nails are always short and if I wear red I feel like a “lady of the night.”
3. A baseball hat with my name in felt across the top.
4. Tube socks with the stripes at the top. I use to wear them in first or second grade and keep my milk money at the bottom. I think every school teacher would think twice about handling milk money if they knew where it had been.
5. A hat to church

5 Favorite Toys

1. IPOD, can’t workout without it.
2. Cell phone. My loving father bought me a new one before this new journey to Hawaii. It’s black and orange and I can take oodles of pictures with it.
3. A borrowed Wilson Hammer tennis racket. My friend lent this to me in Thailand last year for my tennis league and I absolutely loved it. I almost beat Shane a couple of times with it, but he’ll say he doesn’t remember (selective memory).
4. Portable DVD player. One of the best ideas ever conceived. Makes 22 hour journeys to Thailand bearable, 3 day drives across the states manageable and 5 hour plane rides to Hawaii do able. Whom ever invented this definitely had children.
5. When I was a kid my favorite toys were: Barbies (the heart family), personal Pac Man arcade game, Smurf radio and remote control cars.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd never wear the Hyper color shirt again, that one got a little embarrassing! Rach

Anonymous said...

My word...this blog gets more scandalous by the second.

I should rename it 'Tales of Ribaldry."

Kelly said...

Alright, I accept. It was very funny. I can't be oposed to you not having a blog, Kaddi, if you are willing to put a post on 301NIB every once in a while. It lightens things up.

Wish I could have seen you in that hat at church. Somehow, seeing you all dressed up week after week for three years, it's hard to imagine that you didn't pull it off magnificently. I bet more than a few girls went home thinking that they had to get hats too.