Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The March Mailbag

Dear 301NIB,

Nice work with the fantasy league. What were you thinking picking Texas to go all the way? Next year you'd better ask advice from someone who knows more than you about college basketball - like your wife.

Coop's Crew
Madison, WI

Dear Crew,

From the very beginning I knew I should have picked Florida to win it all again, but I just thought (and this is where I made my mistake) that a re-peat would be too much to ask, especially after they won the football national championship. And there's a good chance my wife could do better than me in one these leagues, which is why I would never let her enter. Can you imagine how humiliating that would be? To have your wife leading you in a fantasy league? That's like getting an ego-historectomy.



301 nights in Bangkok,

Will you give us a small break with the thumb-sucking already? "Oh, my wife makes me watch Grey's Anatomy....sniff...I don't get to watch any of the NCAA tournament....sob,sob...the first season of 24 isn't exciting enough." Good grief man, instead of Prickly Heat sounds like you need a little Desitin in your diaper. Get ahold of yourself and start posting something other than whining.

Wes Mantooth
San Diego

Dear Wes,

That seemed unnecessarily harsh. You must still be upset because I took your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out for a nice seafood dinner...and never called her again!




Dear 301nights,

What did you and Kaddi do to celebrate Valentine's day? I'll bet there were all sorts of romantic options, being in Bangkok and all.

Best Wishes,

Hallmark Corp.
Kansas City, MO.

Dear Hallmark,

I'm not a big fan of purchasing flowers or trite greeting cards. Instead, I decided to write a poem that would express to Kaddi my feelings of appreciation for coming to Thailand with me. I wanted to convey to her my sense of devotion, and so I sat down and penned the following stanza:

"I'll be there for you
These five words I swear to you
When you breathe, I want to be the air for you
I'll be there for you
I'd live and I'd die for you
I'd steal the sun from the sky for you
Words can't say what love can do
I'll be there for you..."

After that she went upstairs to watch Grey's Anatomy while I sat at the kitchen table and ate an entire box of Choco-pie. Mmmmmm....romantic.



301nib,

You don't include enough information about how your kids are doing on the blog. What an incredible experience this must be for them. They must see and do all sorts of things they'd never get at home.

Sincerely,

Grandma
Magrath, Alberta

Dear Grandma,

You don't know how right you are. The kids are truly having experiences they will never forget. The other day Jake puked in a taxi (again) while on his way to violin lessons. Kaddi, Meg, and Jake all got to enjoy that pungent aroma for another traffic-filled twenty minutes until they could get back home. I hope they tipped the driver.

The other day I walked through the door and heard the following announcement from Meg:

"Dad! We went to the bike park today and I had to use a yucky-bucky squatter and I didn't even care but some of it got on my shoe."

Forget about the glimmering temples, white sand beaches, bridge on the River Kwai...its not memorable unless it involves body fluids.

No comments: