Tuesday, October 03, 2006

301nightsinbangkok proudly presents: WHERE WILL SHANE HIT HIS HEAD NEXT?

Cranium Crash #1:

The very first night we were here I left the hotel about 2 AM to find a 7-11 (You really can't swing a dead cockroach here without hitting one) to find some bottled water and hopefully something familiar for Kaddi to eat - the winning item turned out to be a can of Pringles. Anyway, as I walked around the store looking down at the knee-high shelves of items, I slammed my head right into a low-hanging airduct. Since I had my head tilted downward the corner of the duct was able to dent the top of my head with maximum efficiency, causing maximum pain. Almost as if Thailand was saying to me "You're baaaaaaack!" It was several moments before I was able to get myself up off the floor.

Cranium Crash #2:

Today after checking in at the National Research Council of Thailand, I used an overpass to cross Phahon Yothin road so I could get a taxi going back north to our hotel in Rangsit. Again I was looking down so as not to trip over the nuclear dogs or other various debris that litters the streets of Bangkok. As I reached the top of the stairs I walked straight into a huge black electrical wire about 10 inches in diameter. This was certainly not as painful as the first encounter, and I felt lucky not to have electrocuted myself.

So....

Tune in each an every week to follow the life of a 6'5" man in Asia, as 301nightsinBangkok presents:

WHERE WILL SHANE HIT HIS HEAD NEXT?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always knew your big head would be your downfall...Rach