Tuesday, October 10, 2006

ESCAPING THE CHAO PHRYA

301nightsinBangkok is proud to announce a new series of films we're calling:

'RAW FOOTAGE'

These are intended to be urban documentaries. Rather than weighing the video down without a lot of commentary or silly pratfalls (don't pretend you don't love those), the intent is to let the city speak for itself.

Today's adventure: getting off a river taxi at the Phibun 3 pier here in Nonthaburi.

ESCAPING THE CHAO PRAYA A Raw Footage Production

Written, Directed, and Produced by: M. Night Shyamalan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a few questions after watching this video?
1. Where is Charlie
2. Where is the army that is runing the country now. I'm a little disappointed I haven't seen a machine gun yet.
3. The Shane I know wouldn't have focused in on some young Thai boys rear (footage 54-58 seconds). Not as much a question as a statement I guess.
4. Why wasn't Shane water sking behind the taxi. I can take a guess, but I'd love to hear the real reasons.

Anonymous said...

Regarding the matter of the 'Thai boys rear' Shane has commented (through his attorney) that the film was intended to be a sort of video inkblot. It doesn't focus on anything particular, the viewer's mind simply sees what it wants to see. As for water-skiing, that water is so toxic you would need wkies made out of titanium.